Saturday 9 June 2012

Whirlwind

I've been very busy working away at the label, and looking for a new place to live, but on Wednesday I went to go see a room in an apartment over in Riverdale (East Chinatown). It's perfect (although very small), so I'm going to put a desposit down on it this Monday and move in July 1st!

At work, I've been taking over some of the marketing assistants' jobs while they've been on their summer vacation hours, which is awesome! It really makes me happy to think that they trust me with their jobs and to speak with important collegues like band managers, and other marketing directors at outside labels. I've also been taking a lot of extra graphics work when there's overflow since my coworkers discovered I'm more than skilled with photoshop. Ehehehe.

Next weekend we're gearing up for the MMVAs, and it's going to be a busy time for us, since a good chuck of the Universal Canada roster is going to be there. There's Hedley, Marianas Trench, Carly Rae Jepsen, LIGHTS, Dragonette, Nelly Furtado, Down With Webster, Bieber, and Far East Movement, to name a few. Everyone has been rushing to make sure everything is perfect, from crowd handouts, to budget and red carpet entrances. Some of the artists are going to make a huge splash, you'll see!

I'm mostly just really excited (and scared) to move into my own space in July... It's all I can think about. I'll also be able to feel comfortable bringing my camrea equipment up with me, so I can share how beautiful Toronto is with all of you.

As for new music... Listen to Medicine, by the UK band 'Daughter,' it might just bring tears to your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment